Terms & Conditions
Jaypee Greens cordially invites you to experience membership at the first Greg Norman Signature golf course in India.
Conceived to be much more than just the country's finest championship golf courses, here a world class 18-hole championship course with every world class amenity for the golfer, co-exists in tranquil harmony with luxury cottages, food courts, health spa conference centre.
Sprawling across 452 acres, Jaypee Greens will offer you a holistic world of leisure, recreation and living on a scale of grandeur and luxury unsurpassed amid a world within a world apart.
While challenges abound for golfers to pursue their passion for the sport, Jaypee Greens is also the prefect place to entertain a business associate, or just spend a quiet evening with the family.
- Jaypee Greens Golf Resort (hereinafter referred to as "Golf Resort"), is owned and run by Jaypee Greens, a division of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd., a company incorporated under Companies Act, 1956 having its Registered Office at Sector 128, Noida - 201304 (U.P.).
- The application for the membership to the Golf Resort (“Membership”) may be made as per the prescribed format (“Application Form”) that forms a part of the membership Terms and Conditions(“Terms and Conditions”. The Membership is subjected to the Terms and Conditions, the rules and regulations made thereunder and as amended from time to time and as notified to the members by putting up a copy thereof at the Clubhouse or any other suitable place ("Rules & Regulations"). The Terms and Conditions include the fee structure as of the date thereof as amended from time to time by the Management (“Fee Structure”) Annexure ‘A’ appurtenant thereto.
- The Golf Resort is proprietary resort and belongs to Jaypee Green, a division of Jaiprakash Associates Limited.
- The management of the Golf Resort vests exclusively in the Board of Directors of Jaiprakash Associates Limited and its authorized executives and employees who in these Rules and Regulations are referred to as “Management”. The Management reserves the right to reject or to conditionally accept the Application Form without assigning any reason whatsoever. A member (“Member”) is a person whose Application has been accepted by the Management on payment of full membership fees.
- A Member has the right to use the facilities provided by the Golf Resort on the days and during the time as has been specified by the Management. The Management may further designate areas as “Clubhouse” or “Golf Course” etc.
- Categories of Members
The Membership to the Golf Resort is open to the following categories
A. Individual Members ("Individual Member")
B. Corporate Members (“Corporate Member”)
- Permanent residents of India
- Non-resident Indians
- Foreign nationals, residing in or visiting India i.e. expatriates.
C.Embassy/High Commission/Consulate ("Embassy Member")
The Corporate Members shall be Companies incorporated in India or abroad, partnership firms or any other body incorporated under any national jurisdiction. Such Corporate Members may nominate their directors, partners or employees, as the case may be ("Corporate Nominee"), to use the facilities of the Golf Resort, subject to the Terms and Conditions and the Rules and Regulations made in this regard. A Corporate Member may request for more than one nominations for a period of time and the fee as specified in the Fee Structure hereunder.
- Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of any country in India on becoming the member or the Golf Resort may nominate a person ("Embassy Nominee"), to use the facilities of the Golf Resort, subject to the Terms and conditions and the Rules and Regulations made in this regard. An Embassy Member may request for more than one nomination for a period of time at the fee as specified in the Fee Structure.
- The membership under this category is as per the requirements issued at the sole discretion of the management. Membership under this category is on an individual case to case basis.
- No Individual Member, Corporate/Embassy Nominee who has been declared to be an undischarged insolvent or has been convicted by a court or is below 21 years of age shall be eligible for the Membership or the nomination to the Golf Resort.
- A Corporate/Embassy Member shall be eligible to nominate a fixed number of persons for a period of time as provided for in the fee Structure.
- Admission Procedure
Individuals Corporate and Embassies etc. seeking membership are required to submit the duly filled in Application Form complete in all respects. Management of the Golf Resort has the absolute right to accept or reject any application for Membership at their sole discretion without assigning any reason whatsoever and the applicant shall have no right to challenge the decision of the Management.
- Membership Fees
- Applicants are required to pay
a) a one time Entrance fee (“Entrance fee”) as prescribed in the Fee Structure.
b) one time interest free security deposit ("Security Deposit") as prescribed in the Fee Structure.
c) a monthly recurring charge (“Monthly Fee”) as prescribed in the Fee Structure.
d) such other charges as may be notified by the Management from time to time.
- Security Deposit is refundable only after the expiry of term of Membership or on the surrender / termination of Membership (subject to a minimum lock-in period of 3 years for life Membership). Processing time for refund of Security deposit is six (6) weeks from the date of the termination/surrender of Membership, as the case may be.
- All refund will be made in Indian Rupees only.
(a) Each individual Member, Corporate/Embassy Nominee, their respective spouse and eligible Children shall be issued Photo Identity Card (s) by the Management which will be required to be produced on demand by the Management or by any person authorized by the Management in this regard.
- Nomination by Corporate Members: A Corporate Member may choose one of the Membership options (term of the Membership and the number of nominees permitted) provided for under the fee Structure, to avail of the Golf Resort facilities. Nominations can be changed during the tenure of Membership by making an application to the Management along with a copy of the Resolution passed by the Board of Directors of the Company which is the concerned Corporate Member or a request letter signed by all partners of the firm which is Corporate Member and upon payment of applicable renomination fee as may be fixed by the Management from time to time.
- Nomination by Embassy/High Commission/Consulate Member : The Embassy/High Commission/Consulate operating in India that is a Member may choose any one of the Membership option (terms of the Membership and the number of nominees permitted) provided for under the Fee Structure to avail of the Golf Resort facilities. Nominations can be changed during the tenure of Membership by making an application to the Management and upon payment of applicable renomination fee as may be fixed by the Management from time to time.
- Entitlement : Subject to the Rules and Regulations made in this regard this regard the Golf Resort facilities are available to spouses and the children of the Individual Members and the Corporate/Embassy Nominees. Children for the purposes of this clause means a girl/boy until she/he attains the age of twenty one years or is she/he ceases to be financially dependent on their parents who are Members of Corporate/Embassy Nominee, whichever is earlier (hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Children”).
- Guests: Guests, of the Members shall be permitted to use the facilities of the Golf Resort (except on certain specified days as mentioned in the Rules and Regulations or as may be notified from time to time by the Management). The Member shall be charged a fee, as specified in the Fee Structure or as notified by the Management from time to time, for the use of the facility of the Golf Resort by the guests of such Members.
- Membership Card:
(b) Loss of the Photo Identity card must be reported to the Management immediately. Fresh cards shall be issued on payment of Rs. 1000 per card.
(c) The Photo Identity Cards of the concerned Eligible Children must be surrendered to the Management as soon as the child ceases to be eligible.
(d) Whenever a Corporate/Embassy Nominee ceases to be eligible under these Terms and Conditions or has been removed or replaced by the Corporate/Embassy Member, the said nominee must surrender the Photo Identity Cards including those of their spouse and Eligible Children to the Management immediately.
(e) In the event a spouse ceases to be a spouse by operation of law or otherwise, the Management must be immediately informed of the same and the Photo Identity Card of the spouse must be surrendered by the Individual Member/Corporate/ Embassy Nominee to the Management immediately.
(f) If any card which is required to be surrendered to the Management is not surrendered for any reason a charge of Rs. 500 per card shall be levied.
Use of the Golf Resort and other facilities
- Entry of pets within the premises of the Golf Resort is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted only in the designated areas as specified by the management or as stated in the Rules and Regulations.
- Playing various games such as cards is restricted only to certain designated areas and during certain hours as specified by the Management or as present in the Rules and Regulations.
- Possession of firearm, ammunitions and weapons of any kind whether licensed or not within the Golf Resort premises is strictly prohibited.
- Food and beverage will be supplied by the Golf Resort at rates as may be fixed from time to time by the Management. Catering by outside agency within the Golf Resort premises is not permitted.
- Users of the Golf Resort are not permitted to give any monetary or non-monetary benefits to any staff member of the Golf Resort. A service charge will be added in the bills relating to food, soft and alcoholic beverages and other items.
- Children below 12 years of age will not be allowed entry in the Golf Resort unless accompanied by an adult Member or guest of a Member admitted to the Golf Resort by the Member who himself is entitled to use the Golf Resort facilities.
- Individual Members or Corporate/Embassy Nominees are requested to authorize their Eligible Children, in writing, to sign any purchase authorisation slips or bills without which the Golf Resort will not entertain any such slips/bills signed by the Eligible Children.
- The Management reserves the right to verify the identity of all persons entering the premises to ensure that only Members, their spouse, Eligible Children and guests of such Members are admitted.
Payment for Services & Facilities
- Payments for all services and facilities including food, beverages, liquor, hiring of equipment, caddies and guest charges etc. are required to be made in advance by cash or approved credit cards only to the person designated by the Management.
- All Individual Members and Corporate / Embassy Nominees are required to pay monthly subscription fee as fixed from time to time irrespective of the usage of the Golf Resort. The monthly fee is payable w.e.f. the date of acceptance of the Membership by the Management and has been specified in the Fee Structure.
- The Management of the Golf Resort shall provide golf carts and related equipment that may be used subject to the availability, Rules and Regulations made in this regard. The use of these golf carts and related equipment will be at the user's own risks and responsibilities. Any damage/loss to the cart or parts thereof is to be made good by the user. Members will be solely responsible for settlement of bills on this account.
- All charges incurred by spouse, eligible children, guests will be debited to the account of the concerned Member.
- In the event of non-payment of dues by Members within 30 days from the date of use of facilities due, interest @ 1.5% per month or part thereof will be charged and if the dues are not cleared within 90 days from the due date of payment, the said Member their respective spouse and the Eligible Children may not be permitted to use the Golf Resort facilities and in addition the Membership is liable to be terminated at the sole discretion of the Management. The Management is not liable to issue individual notice to the defaulting Members in this regard.
- In respect of the amounts payable by a Corporate/Embassy Nominee, the concerned nominee and the Corporate/Embassy Member shall both be jointly and severally liable towards the Golf Resort .
Alteration in Facilities
The Management shall have the sole discretion to make additions, modifications, reductions and elimination in all or any of the facilities of the Golf Resort.
- Dress Code
- It is expected that all the users of the Golf Resort facilities shall follow the dress code as indicated in the Rules and Regulations of the Resort.
- Dress code for the dining and lounge area may be casual. However, such dress code may be made formal from time to time by the Management for special occasions and functions. Swimming, jogging, gym, athletic or other types of shorts are prohibited in areas other than the designated places as provided for in the Rules and Regulations.
- Loss, Damages or Injuries
- The use of the facilities of the Golf Resort is entirely at the risk and responsibility of the Individual Members or Corporate/Embassy Nominee and/or their respective guest, spouse, or eligible Children who use such facilities (“User”). The Management of Golf Resort shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss caused to the Users of the Golf Resort during the course of their visits to the Jaypee Green or due to use of the Golf Resort facilities.
- All the Users of the Golf Resort are warned of high-speed balls which may cause grievous injuries/death or damage/ loss of property. Further it shall be the duty/obligation of every Member to warn their respective nominee spouse, guests, Eligible Children of such danger / risk before entering Golf Resort. All such Users shall be presumed to have understood the risks inherent and consented to their exposure to all the risks naturally incidental to their presence on the Golf Resort. All the Users shall enter Jaypee Greens at their own risk and responsibility and the Management shall not be responsible for any consequences whatsoever. No one is allowed to venture into the Golf Course for purpose other than to play golf.
- Every User will be fully liable for any damage caused to the property of the Golf Resort or to the person or property of any employee of the Golf Resort or to any other User of the Golf Resort, resulting directly or indirectly from their action. Compensation for such damage will be fixed by the Management alone and shall be recoverable from the concerned Corporate/Embassy Nominee or individual Member.
- The Member of the Golf Resort shall fully indemnify and hold harmless Jayee Greens, its directors, officers and employees for any liability, loss or damage from third parties resulting from the acts or omissions of such Member, their guests of families.
- Any action for indemnification by the Management is without prejudice to any other legal action that the Management may initiate in this regard.
Effect of Events Beyond Management Control
The Management shall not be responsible or liable for not performing any obligation or undertaking given to the Members, if such performance is prevented, delayed or hindered by an act of God, fire, flood, explosion, earthquake, war, riot, terrorist act, sabotage, inability to procure or general shortage or energy, labor, equipment, facilities, material or supplies, action of labour unions, due to enactment of any law or issue of any directive by any Government or Public Authority or by a Competent Court or any other cause not within the control of the Management. The Management is further absolved from any liability towards any User of the Golf Resort arising from any act beyond the control of the Management of the Golf Resort.
- Construction, modification, demolition of structures and buildings
Jaypee Greens as the lessee of the land utilized for the Golf Resort shall be free to alter any existing structure or building and to construct any building including hotels, villas, commercial plazas, etc. on the land or on the periphery of the Golf Course with the permission of the appropriate authorities and the Members/ their nominees shall have no right to object, obstruct or create hindrance or dispute or raise any claims in respect thereof.
- Compliance by Non-resident Indians and foreign citizens members
- Members who are non-resident Indians, foreign nationals or expatriates shall be solely responsible for complying with the required formalities as laid down in Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 or any statutory re-enactment or replacement, and Rules made there under and all other applicable laws for the time being in force governing the remittance of payments to the Golf Resort.
- The applicant and Members shall be solely responsible for violations if any, under the aforesaid laws and the Golf Resort accepts no responsibility in this regard. Such Members shall keep Jaypee Greens and the Management fully indemnified and holds Jaypee Greens harmless in this regard.
- In the event of the failure on the part of a person to comply with aforesaid laws and rules, the Membership is liable to be cancelled by the Management.
- The applicants and Members shall be responsible for providing to the Management necessary permissions/ approvals as applicable, prescribed under aforesaid laws.
- Suspension of Play
The Management reserves the right to suspend the right of some or all of the Members to enter the Golf Course or any other designated area in the Golf Resort or to play the game of golf, in order to facilitate conduct the golf tournaments and events from time to time. No User shall have any right whatsoever to challenge the decision of the Management in this regard.
- Game Rules
Detailed rules governing the playing of Golf will be given separately and will be notified by putting up a copy thereof at the Club House or any other suitable place.
- Transfer of Membership
- Corporate /Embassy Membership is transferable.
- Individual Membership is transferable to another eligible Individual subject to the transferee being approved by the Management and the transferee paying the then prevailing one time Membership Entrance Fee. The Interest free Security Deposit of the existing Member would stand transferred to the name of the transferee. The transferor Member has to apply in writing to initiate such a transfer. Transfer by a non-resident Indian, and expatriate shall be subject to the applicable provisions of the laws in India.
- Termination of Membership
- The Management may terminate the Membership of any Individual Member in the event of any Individual Member or any of his guests, the Individual Member's spouse or Eligible Children contravene the Terms and Conditions or any Rule and Regulation and may at its sole discretion forfeit the interest free Security Deposit.
- In the event any nominee of Corporate/Embassy Member or any of their guest, or the Corporate/Embassy/Nominee's spouse or Eligible Children contravene the Terms and Conditions or the Rules and Regulations the Corporate/Embassy Member may be required by the Management to withdraw such nominee immediately, failing which the Management reserves the right to terminate the Corporate/Embassy Membership.
- Death of Member
Upon death of an Individual member, the person nominated by the Member in the Application Form shall alone be entitled to get the refund of interest free Security Deposit after deducting all the outstanding dues of the deceased Member.
Alternatively, the nominee himself herself can opt for membership, in pursuance and compliance of Clause 21 above, subject to Company's approval.
- Terms and Conditions not Exhaustive.
These Terms and Conditions or the Rules and Regulations framed thereunder are not exhaustive and the Management shall have the sole discretion to add, amend or delete them from time to time and all such additions, amendments will be notified by displaying them on the notice board of the Golf Resort and shall become binding immediately on all the users of Golf Resort.
- Interpretation of Terms and Conditions:
In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:
a) Words importing the masculine gender shall be taken to include females; and
b) Words in the singular shall include the plural, and vice versa.
It is agreed to and undertaken by the Members that any difference or dispute that may arise by and between them and the Management in the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions or other incidental matter arising out of the Terms and Conditions, shall be resolved as far as practicable through mutual negotiations failing which the matter would be referred to arbitration. Arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator appointed by the Chairman of Jaiprakash Associates Limited. The arbitration shall proceed in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitrator shall give a reasoned award. The venue of the arbitration shall be New Delhi.